Can I give this top a negative five star?I wish I could.
This was my second top install, the first form this vendor. The Volvo top was a thick and very durable material. I ordered a 2005 Mustang top from AutoBerry because they offered a 6 year warranty This sail cloth was much thinner than the OEM material that came on the mustang or the Volvo top material. I watched the video times before and during the installation and installed the top perfectly.
I am a mechanical engineer and do all of my own work on five cars, even seat upholstery. Well the top looked perfect for four months, but then I starting seeing two issues. Even though the windows retract on opening and closing, the top rides so low on the sides that the window rubs and is causing the top to fall apart at the contact point. On the rear passenger side where the top folds into the well, the repeated bending is causing hairline cracks in the top.
I immediately contacted AutoBerry and after three calls and about 10 emails it became clear that they had no intention of standing behind their product. The folks are paid to send you away feeling poorly. Here were some of their emails back for my defect that at this point are smaller than a quarter each. “The top looks beat up by the frame and its ripped apart in many places.
Does not look like a warranty issue in any way possible” They claimed “the material is Haartz Sailcloth which is OEM material on this car”. ‘Looks like there is frame damage too that’s ripping the top”. “This is not a warranty issue”. For myself, the frame is perfect, I don’t know how window rubbing could be frame damage issue.
If it were it would have shown up on the original top that lasted 10 years until the original top rear window glue failed. For Haartz, I hope for your sake they are not using your material and instead they are using someone else’s. I will be contacting you to see if you can come and confirm if this is in fact your material. I have attached photos.
The dark photo is as light behind the tiny tears at night. The tear area is about the size of a quarter at this point. I will try to apply a patch to the inside to delay the failure as I research better tops.I have lost the money on the deal. However not all it lost.
My bad experience can be your time and money saving lesson learned.
Save yourself some trouble and run.Purchased June 1, 2015, wrote this November 19, 2015
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Did not stand behind product
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Top
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchase a replacement convertable top from this company on ebay, and when I received the top, I emailed them (within the return period) that it was clear the top..."
- "I received one of these freshners free with a scentsy order, I put it in my car, but did not hang it up as it would distract my view and..."
- "They store had a big sign in their window stating Military Discount. I went to buy some antifreeze from a shelf containing many varieties. I choose the one I wanted..."
- "We had 8 windows replaced last week. The installation team came in, got the old windows out, the new ones in and were working on caulking them. I decided to..."
- "TimeWarner appears to be reducing its footprint from existing customers width and strength of Internet capabilities. Our Internet service which once had no connectivity problems, now has regular connectivity..."
- "RV was purchased on 7-31-14 from Camping World Statesville NC for xxxxx. Unit was brought home on 8-9-2014. Immediately we started noticing some things were off on this RV...."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."