Autoberry - Top developing hairline cracks and window rub wear after four months

8 of 10 Autoberry reviews

Can I give this top a negative five star?I wish I could.

This was my second top install, the first form this vendor. The Volvo top was a thick and very durable material. I ordered a 2005 Mustang top from AutoBerry because they offered a 6 year warranty This sail cloth was much thinner than the OEM material that came on the mustang or the Volvo top material. I watched the video times before and during the installation and installed the top perfectly.

I am a mechanical engineer and do all of my own work on five cars, even seat upholstery. Well the top looked perfect for four months, but then I starting seeing two issues. Even though the windows retract on opening and closing, the top rides so low on the sides that the window rubs and is causing the top to fall apart at the contact point. On the rear passenger side where the top folds into the well, the repeated bending is causing hairline cracks in the top.

I immediately contacted AutoBerry and after three calls and about 10 emails it became clear that they had no intention of standing behind their product. The folks are paid to send you away feeling poorly. Here were some of their emails back for my defect that at this point are smaller than a quarter each. “The top looks beat up by the frame and its ripped apart in many places.

Does not look like a warranty issue in any way possible” They claimed “the material is Haartz Sailcloth which is OEM material on this car”. ‘Looks like there is frame damage too that’s ripping the top”. “This is not a warranty issue”. For myself, the frame is perfect, I don’t know how window rubbing could be frame damage issue.

If it were it would have shown up on the original top that lasted 10 years until the original top rear window glue failed. For Haartz, I hope for your sake they are not using your material and instead they are using someone else’s. I will be contacting you to see if you can come and confirm if this is in fact your material. I have attached photos.

The dark photo is as light behind the tiny tears at night. The tear area is about the size of a quarter at this point. I will try to apply a patch to the inside to delay the failure as I research better tops.I have lost the money on the deal. However not all it lost.

My bad experience can be your time and money saving lesson learned.

Save yourself some trouble and run.Purchased June 1, 2015, wrote this November 19, 2015

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Did not stand behind product

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Monetary loss:
Product or service
2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Top
Review category
Equipment
review #737095 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Autoberry? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
8 of 10 Autoberry reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.